Source for wire and connectors?

bio88

Joined Feb 17, 2011

Joined Nov 30, 2010
allelectronics is where I got a bunch of "surplus" wire in different colors. For connectors, go with the big boys like mouser, digikey, jameco.

Tough question because us old guys have been accumulating that kind of stuff, like, forever. We don't often think about where to get what we have in piles and junk boxes.

bio88

Joined Feb 17, 2011
I didn't find a lot of luck with connectors on allelectronics actually...I've certainly got piles of stuff to use as well but need to go into mass production mode : )

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Its much easier when you have part numbers for the connectors and specs for the wire (AWG/Voltage/Insulation type/temp,etc..). Like #12 said above Digikey/Newark/Mouser/Jameco are great sources with decent pricing for low volume. You said mass production which to me removes those from the loop. (of course mass production to you might mean 10-20 pcs)
At work (real production quantities) we get the best wire pricing from Anixter and the best connector pricing/stock from Heilind electronics (they do wire to if you want one-stop-shop).