source for small Circuit parts, local purchase?

bundick

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Im in North Alabama. Does anybody know where there might be a Surplus Electronics store?
Where do you guys get your small stuff?
Zener's, Cap's small amounts of things?

ke5nnt

Joined Mar 1, 2009
Even in a major metro area like Dallas/Fort Worth, it's hard to find stores that sell these kinds of parts. There is one store that I know of in North Dallas that all the electronics guys (mostly hobbyists) and amateur radio folks use for that "instant gratification" part you might need, but even in a store like that that's filled wall to wall with resistors, capacitors, LEDs, semiconductors, etc, its hard to find a specific specialty part.

The point I'm trying to arrive at is, even in a place like DFW where people are abundant, it's better/easier to order online...even if you pay for shipping and have to wait, at least you get the right part, instead of just settling on something.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hey! I love Tanner's! :D I still haven't found an online source of cheap resistors, let alone one as comprehensive as theirs.

There are actually 3 that I know of in the Dallas area, 2 I regularly go to.

Contact you're local Ham club, they'll be able to help you.

bundick

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Point well taken. When I stayed in ABQ for a few days there were two stores that bought surplus from the military. I was hoping somebody knew of one who bought stuff from the Huntsville military.
I guess its on line for me eh?
Thanks.