Sorry I'm a senior member

floomdoggle

Joined Sep 1, 2008
To all,
I must either thank you all, or wonder why. I just saw I have become a senior member. Now, that's scary. My verbosity has become a burden I must wear carefully.
In the future, I would have no problem with any of you guys saying "He's just the handyman".
Can I just go back to being a noober?
Dan

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
You should just enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. If you need any artificial humbling, just remember Senior and Senile are just a couple of letters away.

:D:D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just curious, what do you do with electronics. I was a tinkerer long before I went to college, some things you learn quickly, like don't get so focused on the kit you grab the wrong end of a soldering iron.

floomdoggle

Joined Sep 1, 2008
Hey Bill,
Mostly I build windmills and their generators and circuits, using as many recycled parts as possible. I'm also trying, as yet unsuccessfully, to design an easy to build pulse motor for a bicycle. I also like to just tinker around with audio circuits.
Dan

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello floomdoggle,

Welcome to the senior "club".
At the moment there are 92 senior members. ( there are over 36000 members ).
When you go over 100 posts you become a senior member.
I just started in may this year and got the senior "status" afther two months.

Greetings,
Bertus

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm going to burst the bubble :(

Over Christmas I will be tweaking the status' to better reflect the growing community - the names won't so much be changing just the number of posts which a status reflects.

So you will go back to just Member...don't worry, you will still be able to do everything you can now, the only think that will change is the status name. If you want to become "Senior" again you will need to post more :D

Dave

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I'm going to burst the bubble :(

Over Christmas I will be tweaking the status' to better reflect the growing community - the names won't so much be changing just the number of posts which a status reflects.

So you will go back to just Member...don't worry, you will still be able to do everything you can now, the only think that will change is the status name. If you want to become "Senior" again you will need to post more :D

Dave

I'll have you know, some of us have EARNED our gray beards, and expect to be accorded commensurate privileges and staus! :D:D:D. MEMBER, my left nostril! ^_*

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Yea, no expo facto rules changes should be allowed, I'm a grandfather and I expect to be grandfathered in for any rule changes effecting my well earned status ;)

Lefty

floomdoggle

Joined Sep 1, 2008
Dave, you only need to be a referee, not judge. King, or lord would be better. Then you would be above the law. My Dad was a lawyer.
Dan