Sony or Apple

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I agree just use your phone, its better then both. That being said I'd go sony because you probably won't have to use Itunes and it will probably just be a storage device.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
iTunes is truly a hindrance. Do iPods use it too?

But cell phones struggle with battery issues. My previous one couldn't playback for more than 5 hours straight. 15 hours sounds much more appealing.

@android

Joined Dec 15, 2011
Guys! I have a very basic mobile handset!! Which plays only radio. So I'm looking for a budget portable audio device. Out of these two?? Confused :rolleyes:
Sony has 3-line lcd.....apple doesn't
Sony has EQ's.....apple doesn't
Apple is apple & sony is sony
Sony has fast charging(3min charge & playability of 90min)
Can't figure out which has better audio output :confused:
I'm inclined more towards sony considering above factors but what about music quality? If we emphasize solely on music quality then?????

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The arguments you raise seem compelling towards sony. Differences in audio quality are miniscule in high-quality brads anyway. You might want to check the bass performance of the two, though.

That said, I 'd choose any other quality brand over apple products. I just feel they 're too expensive for what they 're really worth.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
iTunes is truly a hindrance. Do iPods use it too?

But cell phones struggle with battery issues. My previous one couldn't playback for more than 5 hours straight. 15 hours sounds much more appealing.
Yup all of em, and if you want a seperate solution you have to pay for it.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I bought a HTC HD2 online for $100. Then flashed it to Ice Cream Sandwich and its fine. Way better then any mp3 player. I'd surly look for a year or two old smart phone over an mp3 player. You're gonna pay close to the same price and with the market getting flooded with phones, someones gotta buy all these $600 phones no one bought last year.

@android

Joined Dec 15, 2011
So finaly I bought sony NWZ172. Very good quality. Those earbud headphones looks cheap(at first I thought) but after listening to their excellent low frequency reproducing quality....Awesome!