Sony Bravia KDL-40X1000

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Are you sure.?
How can you tell.?

Look...I do not have the diagram.
I am guessing here as most of the ones I get to repaire does not have fan's. OK only one did.

But I did not get 9 blinks ever. If it was between 2 and 7 I can point you to the right PCB.
And every schema does not indicate 9 blinks I am going with what I have as I think 9 blinks are saved for models with fans.

So I need you to make sure whether the tacho's are available. Without a diagram certain faults are very difficult to locate. As tht model is new to me and through internet guiding with un-experienced person is very difficult.

You need to make sure the fan are producing tacho signals..

If you can't the only way to make sure is by replacing them with new ones of the same type.

kybill

Joined Feb 5, 2014
thanks ill check

Are you sure.?
How can you tell.?

Look...I do not have the diagram.
I am guessing here as most of the ones I get to repaire does not have fan's. OK only one did.

But I did not get 9 blinks ever. If it was between 2 and 7 I can point you to the right PCB.
And every schema does not indicate 9 blinks I am going with what I have as I think 9 blinks are saved for models with fans.

So I need you to make sure whether the tacho's are available. Without a diagram certain faults are very difficult to locate. As tht model is new to me and through internet guiding with un-experienced person is very difficult.

You need to make sure the fan are producing tacho signals..

If you can't the only way to make sure is by replacing them with new ones of the same type.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What is this all about

Remeber you do not respond rudely to members.
How will you feel If I tell you to buy a new TV if you dunno how to fix it.

But I won't. I will help if I can if you respect it. ( that goes for others here too. cause I get a lotta help here )

trader007

Joined Feb 27, 2010
what is this? 2003? the pictures look like they were taken with a toy camera

Going to need much better pictures and much better back story on the problem. Don't expect to come here and have everyone do work for you, thats not what makes this place special.

Does the TV turn on at all besides the blinks? It looks like in one of your pics, the backlight is on. Are the fans connected to anything? Its possible that extra board in the larger model is just there to drive the extra fans and monitor the cooling.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
what is this? 2003? the pictures look like they were taken with a toy camera
I could have asked tht but I believe that is what he had on hand :)

Don't expect to come here and have everyone do work for you, thats not what makes this place special.
Well.! I for one disagree some what.
By the way, what do you think makes this place special ?

Does the TV turn on at all besides the blinks? It looks like in one of your pics, the backlight is on. Are the fans connected to anything? Its possible that extra board in the larger model is just there to drive the extra fans and monitor the cooling.
Well. First thing is TV will not work if the LED is giving an error code.
It will turn on, do a self check and if error exists it will shut down.