Some of My Electronic Equipment...

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Thank god for the edit.. You have me worried what may be in the first image from what is in the third....

What are the makes and models of the DMMs?

kingdano

Joined Apr 14, 2010
i have a nice oscilloscope i bought recently - it was fairly cheap if youre in the market.

i think every electronics guy needs to have a breadboard, some kind of micro-kit, a scope, power supply, and DMM at home.

id like to add an FPGA developers board to my home stash at some point as well.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
redlight, this reminds me of the guy that was selling a kettle on ebay. He took a picture of his nice shiny kettle while he was naked. Not thinking that his reflection was in the picture, he posted it as a photo for the auction. I think his auction had over a million views.. Poor naked guy selling kettle on ebay..sheesh.. At least you edited yours.

redlight000

Joined Feb 26, 2010
Thank god for the edit.. You have me worried what may be in the first image from what is in the third....

What are the makes and models of the DMMs?
Hi Reched,

The first MM) is a ALTAI..I have no Idea where from. reason..= I bought from a stall on a street. for £12.00.. the Middle MM) is from Maplins) more costly £39.00... the good Power supply ov to 30 volts DC, I got from a electronic engineer.. he did Not really wanted to part with it.. but he knew I was very intersted in this study a Tenner!!! good deal there.. I be lost with out that... I do my designs on Breadboard first.. and test them over and over until there near enuff perfect.. no not 100% but 99.9% .. well I think so not blowing my own trumpet... then if the Circuit is Valid enough I will solder it all up & encase it in a box.. thats how I work.. I've had amazing results, by really working hard on the maths.. cos I wanted sound effects that I< wanted not what the Chip wanted if you get me :)

thanks for the interest reched..
good luck from
redlight000
Yes I do go on a bit..!!!
:D

redlight000

Joined Feb 26, 2010
OMG, reched,
I've Just flipping noticed what you mean... see I have not got a digital camera.. only web-cam.. normally Its much more clearer than that.. silly me.. I wanted it crystal clear ... know what I mean?
cheers m8
redlight000

redlight000

Joined Feb 26, 2010
HMMM
reched... Ive caught on.. Im a bit anoyed now... I cant stand imperfections... & Just to ask in Audio work... ie waves sounds.. bla bla .. is a scope a must to see the fine Detail..??
cheers
redlight000
:D

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Absolutely. And now-a-days you can get very capable scopes for very good prices.

If you are willing to deal with the ebay stuff, you can find good deals, but I bought new for under $300 us delivered.

http://www.saelig.com/product/PSSA002.htm

This it what I own for my home lab.

2 channel 25MHz probes included. PC connectable. many trigger options.. nice scope.

kingdano

Joined Apr 14, 2010
Absolutely. And now-a-days you can get very capable scopes for very good prices.

If you are willing to deal with the ebay stuff, you can find good deals, but I bought new for under $300 us delivered.

2 channel 25MHz probes included. PC connectable. many trigger options.. nice scope.

LOL

Same one i bought - used it only a couple times when working with a BASIC stamp at home. Was pretty nice, definitely great for the money.

redlight000

Joined Feb 26, 2010

Yep reched,
nice scope... whats your primary goal to achieve in electronics..
?
;)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The same as everyone elses...

...to take over the world.

My goal is to know as much as I can and to pass on as much information as I can before I die. I respect teachers.. I just cant do their job in the school environment. I also could not learn in todays environment. 20 years ago, schools were turning into a shopping mall. No one was there to learn.. They were there to buy drugs and find chicks and beat up on geeks. And now they use guns. jeesh.

So I like using environments like this to learn and teach those that want to know.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So who's that in back of the power supply? I'm wondering if we now know what you look like from the neck down. :D