Some Basic about microphone.

naveed

Joined Mar 12, 2008
I want to make a voice changer such that I shall speak in mic of computer and the speaker output I shall connect to my mobile phone. And using voice changer software in computer I shall change my voice. Now I have 2 questions.
1) Where should I connect the output leads in phone? i-e, where 2 pins of mic are connected or somewhere else?
2) Do I need to amplify the sound? if yes, Please tell me the circuit also for that I am a beginner in electronics.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You need an isolation circuit to connect audio from your computer to a phone. The isolation prevents hum. An audio transformer is usually used.

The output from your computer is at a high level. The input to the phone where there was a microphone is at a very low level so you need an attenuator after the transformer.
Maybe the transformer can have the correct turns ratio to also perform the attenuation.

naveed

Joined Mar 12, 2008
Can u pl z help me making complete circuit. Please give me the exact value of transformer and other parts used.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Audio transformers were used 50 years ago in transistor portable radios. I don't know if they are still available.
I don't know what is the output level from your computer so just use a 1:1 transformer and a resistors attenuator.