[SOLVED] Remove Connector From PCB

AnywhereFrance

Joined Apr 28, 2024
Hi,

I recently purchased a new control board for my dishwasher, and have successfully removed all but one of the connectors. This last one I simply cannot manage to remove.

This is a view of the connector I'm trying to remove, from above:

Old_Top.jpg

And from the back:

Old_Back.jpg

And this is an image of the connector housing on the new circuit board, from above:

New_Top.jpg

I have tried depressing the part on the front and pulling the connector (as outlined below) away from the board, but it doesn't budge.

Old_Front.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Unfortunately, the critical images (the unoccupied connector on the new board from above and the view of the stuck connector from the front) are not in focus on the subject. Both feature very sharp images of the PCB surface and out-of-focus details of the actual connector.

If you could retake those, with the proper focus, it might be possible to help.

AnywhereFrance

Joined Apr 28, 2024
Many thanks for replying, and apologies.

I have retaken the requested photos and attached below. Please let me know if they are of sufficient quality this time.

Old_Front_New.jpg

New_Top_New.jpg

Regards

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
OK, it looks like the plug has two places is it being retained by the socket. The first the tab you have been trying to depress, the second is ridges around the recesses in the sockets that accept the plug near its contacts.

I would try to push in the tab (shouldn’t require a lot up force) and while holding it in, pry with a small flat object (like a screwdriver) in the gap visible at the base of the plug in the slot where the tab is. I believe the plug must lift from that end first to be removed, but it might have to be pulled up from the other side after the tab side is freed.

AnywhereFrance

Joined Apr 28, 2024
Thanks boostbuck, and thanks Ya’akov.
@Ya’akov, when you say "the gap visible at the base of the plug in the slot where the tab is", are you referring to this gap:

Old_Front_New_2.png

That gap is actually just the result of my having managed to lift the connector as far as I can. Apologies - I should've made this clear originally.

Regards

AnywhereFrance

Joined Apr 28, 2024
To be honest, the resistance seems to be coming more from the other side, if anything.

I took a picture of that side on the unoccupied connector on the new board:

New_Back.jpg

It is possible that it is also being held at this side, by the two parts I've circled? If so, how could it be released?

Thanks again,