Solve 3 circuits

kokotas

Joined Jan 25, 2011
Can someone solve these 3 circuits for me? These are from an old exam and I need to see the solutions. Maybe it will help for my next one, so plz

circuit1:

R=2kOhm, C1=6uF, C2=2uF, C3=1uF, V=17V
Calculate the time constant of the circuit and also the voltage of every capacitor when I=4mA(current that runs through V1)

circuit2:

Calculate voltage Vo of this circuit. R1=1kOhm, R2=2kOhm, R3=200Ohm, VEE=10V, aDC=1. Diodes are ideal, silicon.

circuit 3:

Calculate the amperage I on resistor R2.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Please post work, as much as you've gotten for each circuit.

If you don't know where to start, be specific with the questions. We generally do not simply provide answers, we help people realize them themselves.

kokotas

Joined Jan 25, 2011
That was to be expected, but it was worth a shot. Electronics is not my thing really. Every semester I study from this site, I understand a lot of concepts and I am able to solve plenty of problems. But when I sit my exam I can't apply what I've learnt, I get lost and in the end fail. Then I get frustrated and don't even study for 6 months until I have to re-sit the exam.

Anyway sorry for the rant. I'll try to make progress with those and get back to you with questions. Hopefully.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
That was to be expected, but it was worth a shot. Electronics is not my thing really. Every semester I study from this site, I understand a lot of concepts and I am able to solve plenty of problems. But when I sit my exam I can't apply what I've learnt, I get lost and in the end fail. Then I get frustrated and don't even study for 6 months until I have to re-sit the exam.

Anyway sorry for the rant. I'll try to make progress with those and get back to you with questions. Hopefully.

It's refreshing to see such honesty, but frankly you cannot expect to make much progress unless you can put more effort into it.

If you really have no interest in this subject, why study it in the first place - is it a mandatory part of your syllabus?