solenoid valve?

Bigcountry

Joined Jul 4, 2008

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
It would be better to have a low voltage (12 or 24 V) valve as not to put anyone in danger in case of failure.

Where the valve is going to be put?

Bigcountry

Joined Jul 4, 2008
The valve is going to be used in a water line. I need to turn it on when it reaches a certain temperature.

I was thinking that the A419 runs off of 120AC but when I look up the specs didn't say how the the output is for it.

That is why I just assumed 120 VAC.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
The valve is going to be used in a water line. I need to turn it on when it reaches a certain temperature.

I was thinking that the A419 runs off of 120AC but when I look up the specs didn't say how the the output is for it.

That is why I just assumed 120 VAC.
All three SPDT relay contacts of the A419 are open - not connected to anything - so you can use them to switch any voltage you like. I like 24 VAC as I can get those step down transformers cheap from heat/air supply places. Another advantage to running low voltage is you don't have to worry about NEC regs on the wire to the valve, 24 VAC is considered to be low voltage.

You do of course have to follow code on the input side if you choose the 120 VAC powered model, I just put three wire line cords on mine and plug them in. They do have a 1/2" conduit knockout on the bottom so I just use the proper electrical connector to secure the power source cord I'm running into it.

Last edited: