Soldering Case Idea or Help Please

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I have been using my Hakko 939 and I have tried to rebuild the case but it's not happening ... So I am not sure what to mount it in or what to do with it anymore ... I am looking for ideas or thoughts So please help here...
Oh the transformer is about 3" tall ...

Here it is

Thanks
Jason SR

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
how broke up is your case? It wouldn't be hard to replicate that case with fiberglass. I have been building custom fiberglass interiors for cars for a long long time now and its really easier than you would think. I could give advise to get you started. a gallon of fiberglass resin and a bag of fibercloth would cost around $20 USD. everything else you would need, you probably have laying around. Sandpaper, duct tape and thick cardboard is all you would need. And if your creative enough you could design a whole new case on paper and built that. I build dashboards, custom trim panels, woofer boxes, and door panels with paint quality with nothing more than what I listed. Sometimes with woofer boxes I use 1/4 inch mdf and ca glue but those enclosures see high pressure in them so its got to be a little stronger. And if I intend on painting it a little body filler is used to smooth it really good for paint.

Last edited: