Solar powered deep well

Iaoel

Joined May 10, 2012
I know that 746W = 1 HP but its a deep well so Im going to make a 3KW solar panels to run a 3HP motor of deep well is it possible?

I will have a charge controller and inverter (3000W) as well as battery 150AH 10 pcs

Thanks guys :)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You should note the current required by the pump motor. 3kW should be adequate for the inverter steady-state but it's a good idea to verify. Also the inverter will have to deliver the startup-current of the motor which can be several times the normal running current. Make sure it can handle that.

Whether the solar panels are adequate depends upon how much the pump runs during any 24 hour period. You need to record that somehow. Obviously the solar panel will have to generate more energy than the pump uses in a day, likely by at least 50% greater to take care of battery and inverter inefficiencies. And a solar panel only puts out it's rated power when it's pointed directly at the noon day sun so you need to take that in account also.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I know that 746W = 1 HP but its a deep well so Im going to make a 3KW solar panels to run a 3HP motor of deep well is it possible?
hi Iaoel,
Out of interest how deep is the well.?
Is the pump going to be located at the bottom or top of the well.?

E

Iaoel

Joined May 10, 2012
You should note the current required by the pump motor. 3kW should be adequate for the inverter steady-state but it's a good idea to verify. Also the inverter will have to deliver the startup-current of the motor which can be several times the normal running current. Make sure it can handle that.

Whether the solar panels are adequate depends upon how much the pump runs during any 24 hour period. You need to record that somehow. Obviously the solar panel will have to generate more energy than the pump uses in a day, likely by at least 50% greater to take care of battery and inverter inefficiencies. And a solar panel only puts out it's rated power when it's pointed directly at the noon day sun so you need to take that in account also.
ok so bro is it possible then so I need a circuit breaker also and then to the motor right?

Iaoel

Joined May 10, 2012
Ok guys what would be the amount of wattage to start the motor thanks will it exceed 3000W? of my solar panel thanks again

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
The place to start is choosing the pump.

Total feet of head required and gallons/liters per minute.

High cost but well worth the money to get the proper pump for solar application.

There are pumps that reduce the need for regulated power supplies and oversizing for starting load.

May even eliminate the need for inverter.

"Any Voltage: The motor can operate under any voltage from 30 - 300 VDC and 90 - 240 VAC without additional controls, making sizing and installation easy, even as a retrofit to existing installations. AC power capabilities mean pump has the ability to use an AC generator for backup power."