Solar guider

rsfoto

Joined May 14, 2013
Just after writing this I checked my breadboard again and I had a mistake in there. I took out the RLim as well as the Capcacitor and it works as well.

Positioning the 270Ω in the correct place it went extremely hot and I guess it was at the limit of it wattage.

Will keep playing with it ..

Is it really necessary to have a limit resistor and a cap in the circuit ? I see no difference :confused:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don't see them in the example circuits, but I may be misunderstanding the question.

[edit] C1 is a decoupling capacitor, so I would leave it in.

rsfoto

Joined May 14, 2013
I used a LM3914 calculator which I found in a thread in the electro-tech-online forum and from there came the idea to use a limiter resistor and the capacitor.

What does a decoupling capacitor do in reality in this case ?

Attachments

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'd follow what it says and ignore me. I've never used an LM3914 and was just trying to critique your drawing by questioning anything I didn't understand. That page seems to offer practical advice. Certainly the resistor and capacitor are doing no harm.

rsfoto

Joined May 14, 2013
Well.

All this started on 13 of June 2013 and today finally I was able to do a longer real life test on an Equatorial mount and a camera in order to see how it works.

I am really satisfied how far I got in this 8-9 weeks ...

Without your help I would not have got so far :) HUGE THANKS

I have to analize now the video I made 80 minutes in total to get the sensibility and then work on more hardware.

Tomorrow more videos will be shot.

Look at the image here

Attachments