Software programming used in Avionics

guru200773

Joined Apr 26, 2010
hello dudes i am belongs to Aviation field (Avionics).... Can any one say what r the programming language is used in Avionic Equipments like ECAS, ECAM FADEC etc...? And what r the programming languages a Avionics student must know?

guru200773

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Sorry its not ECAS its EICAS(Engine Indicating and Crew Alerting System), ECAM(Electronics Centralized Aircraft Monitor ) and FADEC(Full Authority DIgital Engine Control).... Its all System used in Heavy aircraft.. Does anyone knows programming laguage used ?

DumboFixer

Joined Feb 10, 2009
I spent many years writing software for the mission computers for combat aircraft and this was all written in assembly language.

guru200773

Joined Apr 26, 2010
i am not sure about that dude... Actually in my college they gave only introduction about these system.... But i have a interest to know abt these systems as a AME technician i have to know top and bottom so I post a thread here if someone knows about these systems they will reply and they will share their knowledge with me...

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I spent many years writing software for the mission computers for combat aircraft and this was all written in assembly language.
Everyone should start out with assembly then move on from there. The latest ADA stuff seems to be 2005. I would bet its all running on ASM, C, or some sort of scaled OS.

jamjes

Joined May 10, 2010
Largely it doesn't matter so much what programming language is used. Although I've herd of C being used.

It's more important that safety-critical programs can be proven correct. "Formal methods" are a mathematical approach to developing software: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_methods

Some goverment / aircraft projects require all their software be designed like this.