So called '1500w with 3000w surge 12v inverter' dangerous? What to replace to make safe?

noob7

Joined Nov 15, 2019
The wires obviously are too thin. Their heat sinks are novel :D and the bits were loose inside when I got it.
I wanted a 1500W inverter. I bought it from China. It does not meet the specs duh! Of course should not have bought.
The mediator on the site does not refund anything towards it either. States the product is fine.
It is going to be a noisy one once plugged in.
What would you recommend to improve product and make it safer?
Any thoughts welcome.

Attachments

noob7

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Ad as sinewave 3000w. picture o ad looks big enough. Is miniature. The outer box is heatsink. Touches poles.

Last edited:

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Have you actually tried it?
What is the problems with it?
Their heat sinks are novel :D
I see nothing wrong with the heatsinks. the case is the heatsink as is very normal. That is better than having heatsinks inside a case as it allows external air to cool the case.
By "novel", are you referring to the clamps that hold the FETs to the case?
That is a real good way to do it.

noob7

Joined Nov 15, 2019
My mistake i only showed the after picture. They were loose inside and folded. I had to screw them in and carefully fold back a bit to get it the way it is in the picture. Apart from that what would you do to make it safer? It is advertised as 1500W surge 3000W.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Once again, have you tried it to see what power it can deliver?
On what do you base the unsafe statement? It would help if you posted some measurements or more detailed explanation of your ideas.