So, 60 days until Halloween. Any good project ideas to scare the kids?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
How about something simple?
Something like a doorbell that sounds like this

Evil laughter starts at 0:20
Is there a decoder chart on the interwebs somewhere for the clock numerals on Preditor's clock? The correct order and exact symbols as they count down?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Is there a decoder chart on the interwebs somewhere for the clock numerals on Preditor's clock? The correct order and exact symbols as they count down?
In all honesty... it could be Klingon and I'd still not know if there's a logic to those characters. I'd be very surprised if predator-lore has evolved that far too!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@Derstrom,a very good book...by the Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. Its tells

how he took charge to rebuild Mississippi after the hurricanes. Information you

will not find any where else. I will make this a big Halloween post....step up guys

and post your scary faces.

Real scary huh......

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Whichever one sounds good at the time
I driving a lot in my day job, and sometimes I listen to an e-book instead of the radio. Other times, I read in bed. The latest book is about the German cruiser Blũcher, and the Battle of Drøbak sound.

Been thinking of the doorbell-siren. I found an electric horn. It just requires 12v. And with a Raspberry PI with Motion installed, I might be good to go. Mohahaha:D

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
When I lived with my parents, I sometimes helped my father with the garden. When it was time for dinner, my mother called us in. Not by screaming and shouting, but with a old marine foghorn...

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Thanks for the information ,I can count the duration of the sounds now.

All the big ships have to use a port pilot to enter and leave and tugs to

steer them in and out of the channel.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
How about a lightning simulator circuit with audio, when the tricksters show up and hit the bell turning on the Lighting with loud crack boom from a speaker and woofer.

kv

Last edited:

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
When I was young I put a lamp in a jack-o-lantern. The lamp flickered along with a recording that said: "Hello, I am a talking jack-o-lantern". The little ones loved it.

If I remember correctly, I triggered the recording using a foot switch. I did not trigger it for older kids.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
On my little street Halloween is treated like a national holiday. Following the 6 to 8 PM kids the adults go door to door trick or treat for beers and shots. While we don't over do the decorations we enjoy seeing the kids and handing out treats. Eventually we end up across the street with a fire and cooking hot dogs.

My neighbor Bobby really gets into the decorating and gizmos. A few years ago he built a pretty cool coffin and put his brother David in it with all the blood and gore but David looked fake. One year there were about 4 teens looking down in the coffin when David would scream and jump up. They screamed and one girl was standing there with a large wet spot on her jeans. The poor kid peed herself. I doubt that will ever be surpassed. Even the poor girl was laughing after it all happened. The one who peed herself was telling others "don't worry it's not real".

With the onset of another Halloween I am glad this necro thread was brought to life.

Ron