Snowstorm?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hang tight - the stuff here is past knee deep. The 30 MPH wind is moving it around a bit, too.

Fill the reefer and rent some movies.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I haven't touched any snow this winter or the last one. I don't know if I should be sad that I missed the snowball fights or happy that I haven't been stranded on some airport.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The biggest storm this winter is also coming up to Canada. They predict 25cm (10 inches) of snow.
Today there was only 1cm of snow and I saw 3 cars skidded out of control and smashed to pieces. Their drivers were all from the same Oriental country (*****). The coming storm will wipe them all off the roads.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is currently 18°F out there, with a nice crusty glaze over everything. Looks like I'll be missing work.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
You Texans are wimps ;)

Apparently when we used to live there everyone would be freaking out over the road conditions when there was an inch of snow :p

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You Texans are wimps ;)

Apparently when we used to live there everyone would be freaking out over the road conditions when there was an inch of snow :p
When I said glaze, I did not say snow. Freezing rain is the norm here, and it has not let us down. A lot of trees are dying tonight.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Well then, i dont blame you for staying home
what DO you do when you get snow?
also, it currently sounds like hail is hitting my window, but nope, its just vicious snow flakes.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
There was about a half-inch of ice with a slight dusting of snow outside my apartment here in Grand Prairie. I spent the day watching the reporters describing all the accidents and such from all the sleet and snow.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Seriously, people are dying in Dallas tonight. We do not have enough homeless shelters. This is once every 20 years weather, no one is equipped to handle 16°F (-9°C) in this part of the country.

I get very depressed thinking about it.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Were worried about the same thing, fortunately this happens every year or two here so churches are ready for it.

I remember the ice storm form a few years back, knocked power out real good for a couple days, every little blade of grass had a quarter inch of ice on it
Pretty and dangerous, funny how those go so well together :/

EDIT
cold doesen't surprise most people here, there are many mornings every year when it is sub-zero and i can go outside fter showering and freeze my hair :)

Its when we lose power that things can get nasty

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
We got about a foot total, that kinda wasn't fun to move out of the driveway and sidewalk. Snowblower helps a lot, makes snow an annoyance is all.

Currently -4 (°F), supposed to get to a balmy 2°F above tomorrow.

I'm glad we didn't get the freezing rain/ice storm, those are in spring/fall around here for a week or two and take down power lines. Any roofs that would fall in have fallen in a long time ago, so that's a minor worry,pretty steep pitches on roofs around here compared to, say, Vegas.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I am smack in the middle of the pretty big snowstorm now. About 8cm (3 inches) are on the ground. The satellite photo shows that the snowing will end in about 3 hours.