Snake Oil!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I guess each person is scammed for a small amount of money. They do not care do any thing else than suffer in silence. It will be to much job to get the money back, and cost to much . It is a common method used by scam artist.

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
There have been thousands of people using conspiracy theories to sell the purest horse pucky for years. The internet makes this task a great deal easier, as the audience is both larger and much less well educated.

I found that the site you linked to did not want to let go, BTW. All ones has to do is to use "free energy" or "free energy frauds" to get to similar sites. I suppose adding "tesla" to the search term will go to something close to that ite.

Persons are advised that these sites are quite aggressive about pushing ads and urging registration. Considering that the sites are pushing products that can't work and may be breaking laws in how they present the material, be careful of them. No agency appears to be interested in prosecution of these sites.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I wonder how long it will take for purchasers of this work of genius to start asking for advice, on this forum and elsewhere?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@Beenthere I think you went to far in being a nanny on this one. Everybody will understand this is a scam reading the thread. besides it is no harm in this besides the dumb people may get blooded for some money. And also this posting was scam waring. So by reading the post and then clicking on on the link. And still be willing purchase. Then I can only say you deserve to be scammed.
Here is the link to the presentation showed on the site. Have a nice laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJFonvzr1E&feature=player_embedded

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
I found that the site you linked to did not want to let go,
Yes, I didn't realize that until I copied the link, pasted.. and posted this topic, and tried to close the page. I thought it was a fluke but evidently not. As suggested by Bill, I'm about to do a virus scan. Do ya think I should remove the link?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm not too worried about You Tube, but those other links always worry me when I come across them. It fits the mentality, a scammer is always looking for a free buck.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
YouTube should be no problem, but the original site was trying to push content. That is unacceptable behavior.

t06afre: That silly video is not the problem. I do not want these forums containing a link to a malicious site. Go visit some sites that offer free energy stuff. Some of them are very hard to get away from without a download.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
It's a bit of a headache, but running firefox with NoScript enabled stops all sites from doing stuff with your system.

It is a headache if you set the default to "deny all", you need to approve each script, but you never get "trapped", or have flash ads show up.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Alright, this is related but i dont want to make a thread...
please tell me this is NOT possible
A friend of mine is dead set on making one of these, I'm fairly certain it cant work, its basically free energy
Fair warning, its metacafe, not youtube
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3427891/free_energy_how_to_build_magnetic_power_generator_for_home/
i can not se anything wrong. In building one of these as a for fun. To see how it works, if it work at all etc. But hoping it will produce any kind of "free" energy. Just forget it the sooner the better:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Before I click on that, did it refuse to let you go?

BTW, The reason this garbage proliferates is because our schools and our lame-stream media propagate it. Has anyone seen the Toyota + Roller Coaster commercial? If so, and you listen closely they're implying, yet another, over unity scheme because they use the term "Self Sustaining"!!!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The site seems safe.

I suspect there was some sleight of hand there. For example, if you energize the speaker I could see it working, but not as he tried to portray it.

Now, having brought it up and using words that google will flag, expect the loons to arrive at any time, at which time this thread will get closed. Happens regular as clock work.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The site seems safe.

I suspect there was some sleight of hand there. For example, if you energize the speaker I could see it working, but not as he tried to portray .
I Think I have read about this kind of motor. And in this small scale it will work as shown.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The guy used a cover of a Greek butter plastic container as a base for the small magnets. Us Greeks are known for their malice and profit-hunting character. Not as a rule, but there's a reputation.
I guess that's why we can't operate on a cooperative manner as a country but excel at personal ascension.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The guy used a cover of a Greek butter plastic container as a base for the small magnets. <snip>
I thought it was a CD, but I didn't look too closely.

I Think I have read about this kind of motor. And in this small scale it will work as shown.
Sorry, don't buy it. It was lighting up an LED from the generator, so there was plenty of drag on the system. TANSTAAFL rules, especially with the Laws of Thermodynamics.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
BTW, The reason this garbage proliferates is because our schools and our lame-stream media propagate it. Has anyone seen the Toyota + Roller Coaster commercial? If so, and you listen closely they're implying, yet another, over unity scheme because they use the term "Self Sustaining"!!!
I agree. Most roller coasters have a very short period of power applied to them. The rest is gravity and physics. I have ridden every roller coaster at Kennywood (Pittsburgh) many times. I like roller coasters, and that Toyota commercial makes me sick.

John