SMPS PROBLEM please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
I need help with 300 watt atx smps.. The problem is when starting this smps with load or without load with shorting green and black wires it stay on for only 5 to 10 minutes and shutdown itself automatically but when it is in on condition it give proper outputs nothing is burnt or giving physical sign of failure please help in this matter.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
There is NO point it trying to "internet" diagnose a cheap faulty 300W ATX power supply. Its only a few dollars ($20 USD maybe) to just go purchase a new one. It could be a failing solder joint to an overheating IC to a loose wire or any other "difficult to find issue". Its just not worth the time.

Its one thing to spend time trying to diagnose faulty equipment if you have the knowledge to do so but to expect someone on the internet to magically fix your power supply when you didn't even mention the manufacturer or part number or show pictures of the circuit boards or anything other than it just shuts down after 5-10 minutes. Just go to the store and buy a new one. Its dead..Give up.

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
I am sorry Mcgyvr for disturbing you.. anyone's can help ?
Thanks dodgydave I will try your point's but I don't want to just scrap thisone .

Status
Not open for further replies.