Smoke Detector

chal-lo

Joined Sep 10, 2012
Hi there,

I am starting with IC Electronics and was trying to decipher how a smoke detector works. The manufacturer is Electro DH and the model name is 50.606. I have searched for a diagram but haven't found any.

My problem is that I am trying to identify the Logic Family chip in the middle. I have tried to read it but I don't reach it. Any ideas?

I provide a picture to see if anyone manages to figure it out.

Many thanks in advance.

Chal-lo

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Get a bright light and a magnifying glass to see if you can read the markings on the IC. Sometimes you can only read them at just the right light angle.

I would have guessed quad op-amp or comparator, but it's got too many pins for that.

chal-lo

Joined Sep 10, 2012
Well I tried to do so, but it seems to be already partially scratched and reach to get only like 1 or 2 digits.

thanks any way.

Perhaps any other circuit for which I could get a diagram would be valid. Do you know of any reliable circuit?

Many thanks for your help.
Chal-lo.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Google: smoke detector IC

You might be able to reverse engineer the PCB layout to a schematic, and then compare component connections to the datasheets for the various smoke detector IC listed in Google.

Ken.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
You are not going to see or read the part number off of the IC, since the manufacturer of the smoke detector seems to have wiped/scratched it off so people can not do exactly what you are doing, reverse engineer it. A lot of manufacturers will do that to prevent people from figuring how it works or what devices they used.....

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
An LM358 doesn't have 16 pins. ;)
I didn't mean that the IC of the circuit that I linked is equal to the model 50.606, it just shows that used another way to completed the same function.

The circuit that I linked, it's working good, because I did take care some people's problem.

There is another smoke detector used 16 Pins IC.
RE46C190 photoelectric smoke detector
http://electroschematics.com/2545/smoke-detector-circuit/

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Could it be MC145012? I traced the circuit and P11-R13-LED-Vcc. Datasheet attached.

I think the OP turned the PCB over, take a photo and mirrored the picture so the pin 1 of the chip alligned to the right of the PCB... Very smart...:D:cool:

Allen

Attachments