smd fuses

sony85

Joined Aug 26, 2012
What is the way to figure out what kind of SMD fuse are on a motherboard !
Do i need the schematic or ... !
I need very very tiny fuses black on a middle and silver on both ends !
Around 0.5mm .
Where I can order them from ?
Its for laptop mobo . Thanks

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Fuses are rated for the current they open for, and the voltage they block, in addition to their size (and several other parameters...). To pick a replacement fuse you need to know what your circuit runs at, and what voltage needs to be blocked.

Digikey sells SMD fuses as does several other distributors.

Keep in mind you may find something else down the line failed causing the fuse to blow in the first place. You may want to use a fuse of whatever rating you think it needs that you can obtain locally and jumper it into place just to check the motherboard still has some life left.

sony85

Joined Aug 26, 2012
Fuses are rated for the current they open for, and the voltage they block, in addition to their size (and several other parameters...). To pick a replacement fuse you need to know what your circuit runs at, and what voltage needs to be blocked.

Digikey sells SMD fuses as does several other distributors.

Keep in mind you may find something else down the line failed causing the fuse to blow in the first place. You may want to use a fuse of whatever rating you think it needs that you can obtain locally and jumper it into place just to check the motherboard still has some life left.
Yes i did , but there aren't pictures of any smd fuses !
this is the problem i don't know which to pick up !

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Do you really need pictures? You could use the parametric search function at Digi-Key or Mouser to filter just your specs. For instance select the size of fuse, mounting style, voltage, and current. Then you can see a smaller range of fuses and get some specific datasheets to verify it is what you need.

sony85

Joined Aug 26, 2012
Do you really need pictures? You could use the parametric search function at Digi-Key or Mouser to filter just your specs. For instance select the size of fuse, mounting style, voltage, and current. Then you can see a smaller range of fuses and get some specific datasheets to verify it is what you need.
Thanks for your advice .