SMD Equivalent

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by RodneyB, Jun 25, 2013.

  1. RodneyB

    Thread Starter Well-Known Member

    Apr 28, 2012
    I am looking for a site where I can find equivalent in SMD from normal through hole components.

    I am actually looking for a SMD transistor similar to a TIP41
  2. ErnieM

    AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 24, 2011
    I've always liked the search feature of the site. You start searching by a general category (say "transistor") and can pick parameters that match your needs till you get a small set of parts.

    Since package type is one of the search criteria, this should be a quick hunt. You can even pick "Mounting Type: Surface mount" to just eliminate all the leaded devices.
  3. John P

    AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 14, 2008
    I think the Diodes Inc DSS60601MZ4-13 is about the best you'll be able to find. It has the same basic specs (60V, 6A) as the TIP 41, and there aren't many surface-mount transistors that will carry that current. However, if you're using it in a linear mode, heat removal would be a serious problem.