Smart Whiteboard.

Lanz

Joined Oct 30, 2008
Guys im working on a project for my final year semester.
Its called Smart Whiteboard.
My lecturer said that i must use Atmel's AT89S51 MicroC only.
No other microC should be used.
I only know assembly language n have poor microC programming knowledge.
I need ur guys help.
I would like to design it like this:
1)It have an eraser that can move from left to right or vice versa of the whiteboard.
2)7 segment display which will display the timing.(The WB can be set to erase at a desired time)
3)A remote control to control the operation from far with laser pointer(The range is just as far as a classroom size)

My lecturer said can use bluetooth method for the remote control but as i searched,i ony found the Rx,almost in other peoples project they use handphone as Tx.I dont want to use a handphone as Tx,do u people got any suggestion for the Rx and Tx circuit?

I would like to use a motor fixed to a pulley that will spin a belt to move the eraser.And i want the speed of the motor that can be adjustable at the remote control.So which motor should i use?A stepper motor?
Another option i think abt is can i use slide actuator for this purpose?

A sensor should be placed at the right n left side of the edge to stop the eraser from moving out of the erasing area which can damage the eraser.
(The motor should be stopped when the eraser reach the edge).What sensor is the best and should i use?

This is the sample of the prototype:

Attachments

Last edited:

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Guys im working on a project for my final year semester.
Its called Smart Whiteboard.
My lecturer said that i must use Atmel's AT89S51 MicroC only.
No other microC should be used.
I only know assembly language n have poor microC programming knowledge.
I need ur guys help.
I would like to design it like this:
1)It have an eraser that can move from left to right or vice versa of the whiteboard.
2)7 segment display which will display the timing.(The WB can be set to erase at a desired time)
3)A remote control to control the operation from far with laser pointer(The range is just as far as a classroom size)

This is the sample of the prototype:

I need a smart whiteboard that does all my WRITING for me. :)

Lanz

Joined Oct 30, 2008
I'm more amazed they still teach the ancient 8051.
Good luck with your assignment.
Its just a college,thats why still using 8051 i think.
And they do not allow me to use PLC.
My lecturer only managed to teach me half of the microC subject coz he took many leaves.So i got to manage myself with my final year project.Still blur with my project.
As i searched in the net,infrared transceiver circuit is a bit complex to understand.Furthermore there got some RC5 Protocol.And less information on bluetooth transceiver in the net.
As i know there is only 3 types of transceiver circuit:
1)RF
2)IR
3)Bluetooth

I hope can find any solution from this forum sifus.

Last edited: