smart home system

beauga21

Joined Apr 4, 2009
hello
am a newbie in logic circuit.
i was asked to design a simple logic circuit for a smart home home system.
so i came out with the flowchart i attached with this post.But now am stocked and i don't know how to go from this flowchart to design of the logic circuit using only logic gates.
if any one have an idea i will be to listen to him..
thx

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Cannot read the office 2007 Document.

Can you convert it to PDF, or save any graphics from it as PNG files to attach? There are some online PDF converters avaialble.

beauga21

Joined Apr 4, 2009
i have to use logic gates only.
its a simple one im supposed to design bt i don't have any idea on how to do it.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Treat it as if there are magic sensors that give a 1 for on, 0 for off, and the outputs are magic as well. For the stereo, you need two bits, one for on off, second for source (music or voicemail)

Draw a K-map or Truth table of the inputs and outputs.

Then transfer k-map to logic (most k-map software will do this automatically).

beauga21

Joined Apr 4, 2009
am very newbie to those things could you possible give me an example only for one of the components the lights for example.
thank you for your help

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
That's a step. Define the conditions as letters, then use letters for log.

A=Person In Home
B=Detected
C=Stereo System
C1=Stereo Music
C2=Stereo Voicemail
D=Door
etc. etc. etc.

Work it all out so every condition has a Yes/No answer (0 or 1 in logic).

Leave the definitions of variables at the top of the truth table, then show the circuit in gates.

Hopefully you don't need to build it, 1 function (Input/Output) or IO is a nightmare. So just call the drives and sensors "magic" that profice a 0 or 1 output. As far as detecting different people to count, not quite sure how to do that simply, and most do not want to take a retina scan at the door.