Small refrigerator troubleshooting

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Gdrumm, May 4, 2010.

  1. Gdrumm

    Thread Starter Distinguished Member

    Aug 29, 2008
    I'm working on a small refrigerator today, and have run across two parts I've never seen before.

    I've searched for PN's on several sites. to no avail.

    The round one PN: JUX-28CGF B77-120
    The rectangular one PN: QP2-4.7 G

    I've attached a picture.

    I'm interested in how to test them.

    All help appreciated
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. BMorse

    AAC Fanatic!

    Sep 26, 2009
    Is there anyway you can post some other pics showing other side of the round device? And could you describe where these components where on the fridge?

    The round one might be some kind of thermocouple device.... just need more and better pics to be able to tell for sure....

    B. Morse
  3. dbrejda

    New Member

    Nov 4, 2009
    The round device looks like a Klixon thermostat.

    The other came up on Google as a thermal circuit breaker, see

    Check with a local appliance parts center, here in GA we have Fox Appliance. Anything I cannot identify, they look at and know exactly what it is, what it's used for, even what appliance it came out of.

    I often have success googling the make and model of an appliance and finding parts lists and wiring diagrams on-line.
  4. Gdrumm

    Thread Starter Distinguished Member

    Aug 29, 2008
    Thanks for the link.
    How would I test these components?