Slow server now fixed?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I can't find the thread where Bertus reported connection hiccups so here is some more recent feedback.

I haven't seen any connection difficulties for a few weeks now.

Hopefully everything is fully recovered at HQ.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've had several glitches around 1:00AM - 2:00AM my time. Basically it became laggy, and would quit completely for a minute or two.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I only experience the fact that the forum times out between 8.00 and 8.10 AM (GMT+2 w/DST).
Afther that between 8.10 and 8.15 AM I get "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR".
Afther 8.15 AM the forum is back online again.

This all happens afther the forum upgrade.

Greetings,
Bertus

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Bill and Bertus, yup the server becomes laggy due to the daily backups being done at that time. The database gets backed up, and that can be rather expensive in terms of server resources. Not much we can do about that. The backups use to run at 2AM EST, but were pushed back to 4AM EST in the hopes even less people are online.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
There is such difference between 'today's posts' and 'new posts' that I've just got to go out and do some digging in the garden.

What useful button are you going to put in place of 'new posts'??

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
There is such difference between 'today's posts' and 'new posts' that I've just got to go out and do some digging in the garden.

What useful button are you going to put in place of 'new posts'??
Is this posted in the wrong thread?

Not everyone comes on-line every day. In this instance "Today's Posts" is useless particularly for threads they may have being involved with previously that may have been updated; however "New Posts" is not. The problem with the old system is that people who came on-line would sometimes have new posts missing - it seems the new system has introduced problems of its own so the idea is to try and work a compromise that is amicable for all.

Dave