Slew Rate Distortion

Schmitt_trigger

Joined Feb 5, 2013
I have another problem that states:

Determine the maximum frequency without distortion that we can get at the output of an ampop with SR=1V/microSecond

a)If the input is a sinuosoid function with 5 V of amplitude

b)If the input is a triangular wave with 5 V of amplitude

I have another problem that states:

Determine the maximum frequency without distortion that we can get at the output of an ampop with SR=1V/microSecond

a)If the input is a sinuosoid function with 5 V of amplitude

b)If the input is a triangular wave with 5 V of amplitude
\(

a)

W*Vmax=SR

2*pi*fmax=SR

fmax=(SR)/(2*pi*Vomax)

fmax=31830,98 HZ
\)

What would be the difference in the calculations if we have a input that is a triangular wave?

Thanks

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
With a sinewave you need to differentiate the sinewave to find the maximum slew-rate point since the waveform slew-rate is not a constant. This gives the 2*pi*fmax function.

A triangular wave has a constant slew rate so you don't have to differentiate the signal to find the maximum. It's simply the pp voltage divided by the time for the waveform to go from the minimum to the maximum voltage.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The problem doesn't provide enough information since the slew rate applies to the output voltage and all that is given is the input waveforms. You also need to know the gain of the circuit.

Schmitt_trigger

Joined Feb 5, 2013
With a sinewave you need to differentiate the sinewave to find the maximum slew-rate point since the waveform slew-rate is not a constant. This gives the 2*pi*fmax function.

A triangular wave has a constant slew rate so you don't have to differentiate the signal to find the maximum. It's simply the pp voltage divided by the time for the waveform to go from the minimum to the maximum voltage.

So my input signal is \( Vi=5*sin*(1*10^6t) \) which differenting gives:\(10000000 *pi* cos(2000000* pi* t)\) so the maximum will be \(10000000 *pi\) at \( t=n/1000000 \)

How do i know if i have distortion?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Would the output have to be able to change faster than it is rated in order to keep up with the signal? But don't forget that it is the OUTPUT signal that matters.

Schmitt_trigger

Joined Feb 5, 2013
Would the output have to be able to change faster than it is rated in order to keep up with the signal? But don't forget that it is the OUTPUT signal that matters.

The problem is that i only know the input signal.I know the maximum variation of the input signal but i do not know what is the ouput for that input..