Slave Clock

dhoneycutt

Joined Jan 1, 2011
Hello,
I recently acquired a Digital Pyramid Slave wall clock and I do not know how to set or control the clock. I have found that the clock keeps time once it is started. Looks like it has 3-wire control (120vac, 24vdc, and common). Any ideas of a simple way to set the clock and/or control?
Thank you,
David

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The clock you have is called a slave clock. A slave clock (SC) has no time keeping ability, it is just a remote read-out of a master clock (MC). These systems are used in industrial or business settings, so all areas of the building are on the same time standard. And nobody can change the clock to suit their own agenda.

The MC is the part you need, and it is usually pretty expensive to buy. It will have all the time keeping, SC control circuit and other things needed to use the SC's in the system. With out a MC the SC is pretty much useless. Except as a decoration.:)

dhoneycutt

Joined Jan 1, 2011
The clock you have is called a slave clock. A slave clock (SC) has no time keeping ability, it is just a remote read-out of a master clock (MC). These systems are used in industrial or business settings, so all areas of the building are on the same time standard. And nobody can change the clock to suit their own agenda.

The MC is the part you need, and it is usually pretty expensive to buy. It will have all the time keeping, SC control circuit and other things needed to use the SC's in the system. With out a MC the SC is pretty much useless. Except as a decoration.:)
When I power up the SC, it displays all zeros. I found that I could get the clock to start running and keeping time, but applying 110vac to the "110vac" input and common or I could apply 24vdc to the "24vdc" input and common. Each time I apply the input signal, the time advances to XX:58 and continues to run. I was able to set the clock by continuing to apply that input signal, wait for it to advance to the next hour, and then repeat the process. Took forever. There has got to be another way!