Siren Project

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I want just ours to be different for a change. But hey ......them don't care..for them what ever goes.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
What sound have you decided on? The two tone is easy, as is the howler. I would go with something the local TV shows as a siren, the folks down their would recognize it easier that way.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I know tht..All the components are available...
I just need the money. This is the only way I am sure I won't get broke

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Well if they won't spring for the cost of a prototype

Give them a playing card and clothes line clip. Clip the card to the front fork with the clothes pin so the card will be hit by the wheel spokes.

Cheapest 'noise maker' for a bike I can think of. :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Well if they won't spring for the cost of a prototype

Give them a playing card and clothes line clip. Clip the card to the front fork with the clothes pin so the card will be hit by the wheel spokes.

Cheapest 'noise maker' for a bike I can think of. :)
If only you know the business men of Maldives..:mad:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's a secret....now now people...

I should be aware of Prying eyes....

You dunno how cunning people are here...(in Maldives)

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
It's a secret....now now people...

I should be aware of Prying eyes....

You dunno how cunning people are here...
Oh... Just thought that if it was not too expensive, maybe I could provide some parts to the prototype. But then again, if you hold your cards tight to your chest, I don't think anyone can help you. (give and take).

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The sirens I've heard:

I'll try to describe them in terms of waves, since that is what they sound like. Nearly all of them "Sweep" or alternate from around 500Hz to 3kHz. Think of the wave shapes as "voltage to frequency converters".

1: Typical siren: a 0.5 Hz sine transition (low on sinewave = low freq, high = high freq). starts out low, goes "reeeaarr" to higher then back to low and repeats.
2: Klaxon: 2 tone, square wave, like a "deee dooo deee dooo"... 1 Hz-ish
3: Fast sawtooth, usually on ambulances, like a "dweep dweep", starting low, ending high, immediately starting low several times per second.
4: Fast Triangle wave, "Chirp-preep", several times per second. also on fire trucks.
5: Foghorn, low frequency very high dB in addition to 1 or 3
6: School Alarm: Imagine a 160dB 250Hz Piezo buzzer

That pretty much covers them, lots do mix and match, or cycle through a few different options to be entirely sure attention is gotten.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's Cool guys...I have planned somethings but due to no funding I did not do much.
I have to design a proto and then go with that.

It has to be loud...As a lot of members suggested ways to get the sound from a PIC, this part is you can say final.

What kind of help are you referring to bill

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Shoooot!!.. terribly Sorry guys...U have misunderstood me..
I did not mean eyes from AAC...I have no problem with the members.
It's the Maldivians that I was referring to "prying eyes"

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This we figured out. I have access to parts (I may already have the part) you need to build your prototype. Let me know what components you need. If you don't want it public send it via PM. I can't promise I have all of them, but I can easily get 90% or more.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Wow..tht's mighty kind of you..thanks...
I like to keep things open here as much as possible.
The more sensitive information shud be thru PM...as this is a government project.
You have really no idea what will happen if the siren leaked to these hooligans here.
The cops will have a field day with bikers...

The best part with the youth here is that they really love to piss off the cops.
I really don't understand the kick they get out of those things

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspect that is pretty universal. Do your cops carry guns like ours? Now and again an officer snaps, but for the most part the police are very well trained.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
This we figured out. I have access to parts (I may already have the part) you need to build your prototype. Let me know what components you need. If you don't want it public send it via PM. I can't promise I have all of them, but I can easily get 90% or more.
Kind of like this I meant, R!f@@.

:)

If you PM me a list of what you need, then I can check my storage boxes.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I suspect that is pretty universal. Do your cops carry guns like ours? Now and again an officer snaps, but for the most part the police are very well trained.
No guns on petrol. But that heavy dildo looking thing with a stun gun is always on hand :p

They carry guns on special occasions.