Sine Wave PWM Generator IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven C Lee

Joined Feb 5, 2009
Hi All,

I am designing a "Inverter" for DC to AC Converter, Which input is 12V DC and Output is AC120V / 60 Hz (1 Phase).

For Simplify the circuit, I am looking for an ASIC that can generate PWM signals to driver MOSFET dircetly and come out 60Hz Sine Wave AC.

Is there any information about the ASIC that I am looking for?

Thanks in advance for your sharing.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Not enough pure sine-wave inverters are made to have an ASIC made for them.

Chinese pure sine-wave inverters use two TL494 PWM controller ICs. One is in a high frequency oscillator that drives Mosfets and a small ferrite stepup transformer. The other TL494 makes the PWM that drives high voltage Mosfets.

Steven C Lee

Joined Feb 5, 2009
Hi All,

I am great to find a IC for SPWM (Sine-Wave PWM) generator.
It is HEF4752V.
But this IC can generate 3 phases SPWM signals with 120 degree lag from each other.
I only need 1 phase of SPWM, May I only use one group of the SPWM signals for my application.

Is there any concern that I should take?

Any feedback is appreciate.

derar-z

Joined Feb 13, 2009
I am electrical engineering student, a fifth the age of graduation and the draft of your project using the same ic possible to tell a more

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a dedicated ASIC: EG8010 (single phase) or EG8030 (3 phase) or EG8025 including gate drivers.

Or there is MC3PHAC, but is for motor control applications, for a power supply is not optimal, you will have to design the feedback loop yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.