simultaneous equations

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Hi,

i need some kind of free tool to solve simultaneous equations easy and quick, i dont have an expensive calculator, so i need some kind of software i can download and solve simultaneous equations for network analisis,

any idea, link, etc?

thanks for posting

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Solving a linear system of n-equations containing n-unknowns is basically an exercise in Matrix Algebra.

If you have access to Microsoft Excel 2000 or newer you may want to experiment around with the EXCEL function MDETERM. This function solves for the determinant of an n-by-n matrix. All you would need to do is set up the various matrices in a spreadsheet and let Microsoft EXCEL do the number crunching.

Good Luck,
hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I'm glad you were able to get the MS EXCEL to work out for you. I have played with the MDETERM function and found it to be very powerful.

The neat thing about the MS EXCEL matrix function is you can use ii to investigate what happens to the system of equations when you change the coefficients.

hgmjr

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by hgmjr@May 27 2005, 05:49 PM
I'm glad you were able to get the MS EXCEL to work out for you. I have played with the MDETERM function and found it to be very powerful.

hgmjr
[post=8003]Quoted post[/post]​
thanks for reply

Lasci

Joined Feb 7, 2007
Hi,

Just did a google search on simultaneous equations and came across this post so registered. Can anyone explain further how to solve in MS Excel? I have 7 equations and 7 unknowns to solve!

Thanks in advance...

RichardM

Joined Aug 4, 2008
I have been trying to give the All About Circuits forums a thorough once-over, and came across this thread. It is pretty old, but it is searchable, so I thought I would reply to it.

There are also a few good online tools I can recommend. They are based on good code and, since they are online, they are accessible from anywhere with Internet access.

1) AKiTi's Simultaneous Equation Solver
http://www.akiti.ca/SimEqR12Solver.html

(In addition to this solver, the AKiTi site also offers several other numerical mathematics tools.)

2) Bluebit's Matrix Calculator
http://www.bluebit.gr/matrix-calculator/

In addition to solving systems of up to 30 equations in 30 unknowns, it offers several other tools for analyzing the properties of matrices.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Scilab, is a free Matlab clone. Solves linear algebra prolems in a flash, and it's hard to beat the price. If your spirit of adventure knows no bounds then try `R' on for size