Simulink Model - Self Excited Induction Generator for Wind Turbine

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
hi all,

Below is attached a simulink model of a self excitation scheme. but i have o clue y it chooses not to simulate, it says that the frequency of the sources, dont match the phasor frequency set in the GUI but both are at 60 Hz??

n if it does simulate (sometimes it does), i get 0 output power (both real and reactive) comming out of the generator/turbine block -as i can view on the scope??:confused:

how do i fix this??

thanks

Attachments

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
hey steve, its not allowing me to post the model since its an invalid format... ".mdl" cant be uploaded i think :/

must i attach the results at the scope if that will help?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You can use "print screen" to capture the display screen then import it into paint and crop all of the junk you don't want to post. Then you can save it as a .PNG file and post it that way.

hgmjr

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
here are the results, hope it helps ......

we can see that i get 0 W and 0 VARS for and Q, no matter what wind speed and capacitance i use. i am sure that the combination of capacitance and wind speed should be enough to excite the stator windings, since i based this model on teh same values/parameters that were used in the Matlab demo - Wind Turbine IG

Attachments

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
What you do is zoom the screen to get the largest image of the view you want to post, then you press the "print screen" key. That copies the image to the windows clip board. Then you open up a fresh instance of PC paint and then perform a paste operation. You will get the entire screen into PC paint. Next you use the crop feature of PC paint to box that portion of the image you want to keep. Next you open a new PC paint screen and paste the cropped image into the new instance of PC paint. You can then use the "save as" and specify .PNG file type. The results is a file you can post into the forum.

hgmjr

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
hey , thanks...i thort i did that in the 1st attachment tho with the simulink model...so im guessing that you guys dont have that clear view of it??

ok, so here is the new image, more zoomed in, and saved as a .png format just like what the doctor ordered !;)

Attachments

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
well i used printscrn....yea, cos i dont think that there are any other ways to save images from simulink...

hope it help!!

thanks stax!

Dushen - iceman11`