1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) for several hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

Simulation of CS stage with LTC Spice

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Dar89, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Dar89

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Hello, I have some difficulties with spice simulation. I want simulate the input-output characteristic of a common source stage, with diode-connected load. My problem arises because the result of simulation is different from the characteristic (found on every book :) ) of a common source stage, with diode-connected load. In particoular, from the simulation, i see that the device NMOS amplifier, conducts even if its Vgs<Vth (the current in the simulation has a very great magnitude, so i don't think it's a current of weak inversion). Is this a problem of model of device?I attach a pdf with some images. The model i've used is the follow:
    .MODEL nfet NMOS(LEVEL=1, KP=50u, VTO=0.7, LAMBDA=0.01,
    + GAMMA=0.5, PHI=0.7, TOX=15E-9,
    + CJ=4E-4, CJSW=1E-10, MJ=0.5, MJSW=0.5, PB=0.9,
    + CGSO=2.5E-10, CGDO=2.5E-10, CGBO=2.5E-10)
    Can you help me? Thanks.

P.S. Excuse me for my english. :D

2. gootee

Apr 24, 2007
    It looks like you first need to right-click on those NMOS devices and pick a "real" device from the list of available devices.

3. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    You can't pick a "real" part for a 4-pin MOSFET.
    What he does need to do is right-click on them and change the model names from NMOS to nfet, which is his model name.