Simplest voice activated car ignition

SoftSparky

Joined Oct 15, 2010
Hi.
I have quickly searched the site for something similar, but I've found quite the right thing - either two high-tech (speaker ident, etc) or just voice switch.

I envisage a system that can store just a single syllable word and 'unlock' the ignition on it's repeat.

pic's seem to be fairly common for projects of this scale, so I wonder is this the way to go or is there a cheap (ideally all in one) IC that is already setup for such a thing - ideally under £10 & easily available?

Cheers.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
activation is not the problem here. How much 'identification' are you wanting the circuit to perform?

reacting to sound is simple. reacting to a SPECIFIC sound is not so simple. a dual tone decoding scheme would be simple to implement, a complex mixture of frequencies and timing(voice) would be VERY hard to implement.

SoftSparky

Joined Oct 15, 2010
activation is not the problem here. How much 'identification' are you wanting the circuit to perform?

reacting to sound is simple. reacting to a SPECIFIC sound is not so simple. a dual tone decoding scheme would be simple to implement, a complex mixture of frequencies and timing(voice) would be VERY hard to implement.
Thanks - as I said I only require one syllable for the ident. Not the speaker.
I know there's ccts out there out to do this (& a lot more speech recognition wise) but they are relatively expensive.

A switch to drive a relay on the o/p...

Thanks.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
It is the scheme used in all 'touch tone' phones. Pick up a phone and put it to your ear and press a button. The tone you hear is a mixture of two pure sinewave tones. Press the buttons aligned in a verticle row. You will hear a central 'note' and some variations in the background that is the second tone that is different for each button going vertically. Do the same with a horizontal row and you will hear a differrent 'note' that changes as you go across the buttons.

Each row and each column has a 'tone' assigned to it. pressing the button put the note for that row AND that column on the same line.

Dual Tone Modulated Freq. DTMF

Google it to learn more