Simplest RC emitter and receiver

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
Hi, does anyone know which are the simplest possible circuits for a radio control emitter and receiver.

I want to make an RC circuit, but a simple one that I can understand. I found some on the internet, but they are too complicated (at least for me); I need something simple, and preferably without ICs... something to start with.

A website that also explains how it works would be ideal. :)

Thanks

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Hello adam,

You forgot to mention about the range of this transmitter and also what sort of signal it will carry (It will carry a signal?)

The simplest to implement is probably infra red.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
Hello adam,

You forgot to mention about the range of this transmitter and also what sort of signal it will carry (It will carry a signal?)

The simplest to implement is probably infra red.
Hi,

Well, to start with, a couple of meters would do for the range. And I suppose that an ON and OFF signal would also be the simplest.

I can do it with infrared already, but now I want to learn RC; it has more advantages. :)

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I didn't say you couldn't do it I said you have to do it legally.

There are certain bands allocated for radio control.

In some countries you can build your own stuff in others you have to use commercially available, and in yet others you can build your own, but have to get them type tested.

You can also use some of the amateur bands, if you have the necessary licence.

If you are doing this for an organisation (educational or commercial) you may be able to ride on their licence.

You can also simply buy a pair of 5Ghz Ethernet units - I have some TP link ones that have a range of over a kilometre.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
I didn't say you couldn't do it I said you have to do it legally.

There are certain bands allocated for radio control.

In some countries you can build your own stuff in others you have to use commercially available, and in yet others you can build your own, but have to get them type tested.

You can also use some of the amateur bands, if you have the necessary licence.

If you are doing this for an organisation (educational or commercial) you may be able to ride on their licence.

You can also simply buy a pair of 5Ghz Ethernet units - I have some TP link ones that have a range of over a kilometre.
I'm just doing it to learn how RC works; so I'm not sure which would be the best option.

Do you think it would matter with an emitter receiver that only has a range of a couple of meters -for use at home-? Also any frequency would do for learning how it works.