Simple Transmitter & Receiver to light up LED

cluelessguy

Joined Oct 13, 2011
Hi guys,

PROJ.png

I was hoping someone could help me with my little project. Im very noob at this. Could someone help me with this? I need a simple transmitter and receiver circuit to light up LEDs. as shown in the diagram, 1 switch lights up 1 LED. I cant figure out how rf signal works, so what i did was i bought a cheap 27Mhz rc car and tried to modify it. Instead of using the motors, i replaced it with LEDs but i cant seem to make the LEDs work all at once.

Someone out there, i really need help with this simple project of mine. And sorry for the bad drawing.

Thanks in advance :)

maxthestork

Joined Oct 13, 2011
Just to check how far you got, you say you
"can't seem to make the LEDs work all at once".

Does this mean you can make them work individually using the remote control?

It is likely that the receiver in the car has functionality that prevents certain combinations of actuation. It would be possible to both drive in reverse and turn right but not to drive forward and backward at the same time or turn left and right at the same time.

cluelessguy

Joined Oct 13, 2011
Just to check how far you got, you say you
"can't seem to make the LEDs work all at once".

Does this mean you can make them work individually using the remote control?

It is likely that the receiver in the car has functionality that prevents certain combinations of actuation. It would be possible to both drive in reverse and turn right but not to drive forward and backward at the same time or turn left and right at the same time.
Yes i can make them work individually using the remote control.
The statement you made in your last paragraph is true, i have found out that the car has functionality that prevents certain combinations of actuation.

Somehow the LEDs burn each other out after i press the left then right or vice-verse. The same thing happened to the up and down trigger too.

So is possible in any way that i can modify it more to make it work to the way i desire? :confused:

Or do you have a guide on how to build a new board to suite my project?

Thank you very much for replying. Your help is much appreciated. :D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
What I read you want is a 4 bit word transmitted and demodulated, with each bit lighting a LED. This pretty basic. You need to frame the question in terms other people can understand and help with, which is what I've done in the first sentence.

Older garage door openers use 10 bit codes, but are very similar.

I suspect you will see some people suggesting PIC (a microcontroller) for a beginner. If they can point to existing plans that can be modified that would be a really good route. Otherwise you will need some second year digital student to lend a hand.

I would normally offer to help, but at the moment I am swamped.

cluelessguy

Joined Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for your response guys.

But what i really need is a transmitter with 4 switches on it and a receiver with 4 LEDs on it. The main purpose of this is that, i need a switch to on a LED, for example, when switch 1 is turned on, LED1 will light up.

I tried to use a rc car because it is similar to how the device function, but instead of motors, i replaced it with LEDs. I was very successful with replacing the 2 motors that controls the up down left right directions with 4 LEDs. The device works perfectly as when i press up/down/left/right, the LEDs work perfectly fine but the problem is i cannot turn all the LEDs at once due to the RC car's configuration which only enables it to either got up+left/up+right/down+left/down+right.

So i was thinking if it is possible to build a new circuit board from scratch which works as i have explained above.
Thank you :)

cluelessguy

Joined Oct 13, 2011
Have anyone seen an rc car that has headlights but the switch is on the remote controller?

What i am trying to do has the same concept as that.