Simple RL circuit with additional DC source

gurhan

Joined Aug 10, 2005
Hi,

I have analysed simple RL circuit with MATLAB. It contains additional source, freewheeling diode and switch. When I try to plot voltage accross R or L, I have faced minus values. Than can be seen from the attachment actually. In my opinion there should not be minus because current path can not be different direction because of freewheeling diode. Does anyone can help me about it.

Thank you so much

Gurhan Ertasgin[attachmentid=840]

gurhan

Joined Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by nomurphy@Aug 13 2005, 07:30 AM
Place the diode in parallel with L and see what happens.
[post=9638]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually I already put the freewheeling diode as paralel to inductance. I think the current is alright, there should be negative current. How can I measure the diode voltage for three stages. First the switch is on then off. When the switch off there is two stages. First there is a current accross over diode then there is no current accross from diode and its voltage is exactly the same voltage with additional voltage source namely E. I have done couple of attempt to plot diode voltage but I could not plot diode voltage waveform. I only plot current because current is the state variable in this circuit. I attach that file with this message. If anyone have an idea could you please share with me?

Thanks