simple remote control latch

Mike Mack

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Hi All, Been looking all over the net for simple remote control latches and ran into this forum. I will try to keep this short. My preacher has a dove release box he uses at funerals. He opens one door to let the spirit dove out, then another door to release three representing the father the son and the holy spirit to guide the spirit to heaven then a third door for the arch angles. These are simple doors hinged on the bottom, little barrel latches at the top. Doors will fall open when unlatched. He would like to have these boxes behind him and have a remote clicker in his suit pocket to release each box one at a time. Me and my big mouth had to say "can't be that hard" well here I am. Any and all ideas and links will be much apreciated. Thank you all in advance. Friend Mike.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
try here http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/RemoteControl.htm, they have some basic RF modules that are already configured for what you need, they have a 4 bit remote kit that would be perfect for activating some small solenoids to unlatch the cages......
Or you can get a pair of Holtek encoder/decoder IC's (HT-12E / HT-12D) and make your own, it is quite simple.....

My .02

Hi All, Been looking all over the net for simple remote control latches and ran into this forum. I will try to keep this short. My preacher has a dove release box he uses at funerals. He opens one door to let the spirit dove out, then another door to release three representing the father the son and the holy spirit to guide the spirit to heaven then a third door for the arch angles. These are simple doors hinged on the bottom, little barrel latches at the top. Doors will fall open when unlatched. He would like to have these boxes behind him and have a remote clicker in his suit pocket to release each box one at a time. Me and my big mouth had to say "can't be that hard" well here I am. Any and all ideas and links will be much apreciated. Thank you all in advance. Friend Mike.
Mike, how did you do with your dove box ?