Simple Relay HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geis

Joined Oct 21, 2010
Hello all! New to the forum and have a quick question.

I'm not the greatest when it comes to simple circuit layouts but here is my problem. I am setting up my wife's car to have daytime running LED's that turn off automatically when she turns on the headlights. These LEDs will be a totally different set of lights. I know that most DTL are a dimmer to the existing lights but we don't want that.

The picture shows what I am trying to get at. I believe I might have the connections to the relay mixed up.
Hope you all can help!
-Geis

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Please see the "Automotive Guidelines" thread that is stickied to the top of the forum.

2. Any homemade wiring modifications to signal or head lighting, or penetrations through the fiewall are not for discussion. The lighting function is to too critical for non-approved wiring and connectors. Many safety issues are involved. Preventing chafing in wires passing through driver-made holes is impossible to guarantee.

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
Your second scheme will work except that the LED's will be glowing all the time the headlamps are off- like when you're parked and the engine is not running.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

SgtWookie is right.
If there are modifications needed, let them be done by certified mechanic at the garage.
This way you are sure the things are done safely.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.