RedDead

Joined Dec 12, 2010
hello guys
i am looking for a simple program to draw basic circuits for lab assignments
i would be thankful if you tell me what program is used to draw this:

and i would love a program which allows you to color the components :D

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I use Microsoft Paint program to make most of my schematics and to modify schematics from other people or from datasheets.
Copy and paste is used to move parts or entire schematics. Things can easily be colored in.
Your very simple sketch is easy to do with Microsoft Paint program.

I made this schematic with Microsoft Paint program:

Attachments

RedDead

Joined Dec 12, 2010
I use Microsoft Paint program to make most of my schematics and to modify schematics from other people or from datasheets.
Copy and paste is used to move parts or entire schematics. Things can easily be colored in.
Your very simple sketch is easy to do with Microsoft Paint program.

I made this schematic with Microsoft Paint program:
impressive, but it's time consuming to use Microsoft paint, the problem is i could't find a nice schematic program that i can draw nice circuits with like the ones in the images.

aegistalons

Joined Feb 12, 2011
You can always try Eagle with the SparkFun Library. They seems to have the basics of what people want. You can easily do a schematic and if needed go into board design. You can play around in the schematic and change colors on specific things. You can have Eagle print out to an image or PDF, if I'm not mistaken.

RedDead

Joined Dec 12, 2010
guys those programs are pain in the a.. , aren't there any simple drag and drop programs?
using such programs makes me wan't to kill myself its really annoying!
i am still in my first semester so all i need is so basic linear components :D

aegistalons

Joined Feb 12, 2011
Eagle Schematic is easy, it is drag and drop from your libraries. The Board layout part of Eagle is a pain. That is why I recommended it. You can always do something like Illustrator, extreme overkill. You may also want to figure in the fact that if you are a first semester student studying EE or ECE, you will eventually need to learn and use some of these programs to draw up and make boards. Why not get a head start?

If you really want to go crazy, there is what I think is the best in the industry and that is Altium. http://www.altium.com/switch-now/features.cfm Click the video in the page and check out what their program can do. Now compare that with say Eagle, both get the job done, just one is a bicycle and the other is a sportscar.

RedDead

Joined Dec 12, 2010
Eagle Schematic is easy, it is drag and drop from your libraries. The Board layout part of Eagle is a pain. That is why I recommended it. You can always do something like Illustrator, extreme overkill. You may also want to figure in the fact that if you are a first semester student studying EE or ECE, you will eventually need to learn and use some of these programs to draw up and make boards. Why not get a head start?

If you really want to go crazy, there is what I think is the best in the industry and that is Altium. http://www.altium.com/switch-now/features.cfm Click the video in the page and check out what their program can do. Now compare that with say Eagle, both get the job done, just one is a bicycle and the other is a sportscar.
downloading Altium trail and autocad electrical at the moment, thank you very much for your help:D

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Simulator programs can also be useful, good free one is lspice from linear technology.

Kicad is supposed to export netlists these could go into lspice and then you could do the pc board and simulate

If this is for one assignment just suck it up and draw with pencil and paper. If a hobby
be prepared to make an effort