Simple buzzer-first (significant) project

jlaw

Joined Feb 27, 2010
Hi I'm new to the forum and new to electronics as a hobby (I've been interested for a long time but now that I'm set to go to college I figured this is as good a time as any to actually start getting some hands on experience). I really want to build a simple binary circuit that would sort of like a jeopardy buzzer. It would have three binary inputs that could have any of three outputs which are dependent on which input was activated first (ideally to display digits 1-3 on an led display). For example: person one hits his/her button displaying a number 1 on his/her display, shortly after person three hits his/her button displaying number 2, then finally person two hits his/her button displaying number 3. I just can't figure out how to set up this circuit with any combination of networks of logic gates. If anyone has any ideas that could help out this newbie it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I think you can find win/place/show/finish circuits related to pinewood derby racing. I was just given an old one, as everyone is moving to ones interfaced to computers.

Ken