Signal voltage amplitude at the input of the RFFE

asdasd12e12

Joined Nov 24, 2021
1.PNG

After converting -57dBm to linear (=P) i'm not sure if i should do P = (Vinpp^2)/8Rs (where Rs=50ohms) and solve for Vpp (then devide by 2 because Vpp is peak to peak voltage) or P = (Vin^2) /4*Rs. I ask this because it's told not to submit the RMS value and that confuses me

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The note about the RMS value merely means that they want the amplitude of the sinusoidal waveform and not the waveform's RMS value (so don't take the amplitude and divide it by sqrt(2) or, if your calculations are in terms of RMS or in terms of POWER, to convert them to the amplitude of a sinusoid that produces those values.

asdasd12e12

Joined Nov 24, 2021
The note about the RMS value merely means that they want the amplitude of the sinusoidal waveform and not the waveform's RMS value (so don't take the amplitude and divide it by sqrt(2) or, if your calculations are in terms of RMS or in terms of POWER, to convert them to the amplitude of a sinusoid that produces those values.
So can i just do Uin ^2 /Rs = P (input power) <-> Uin = sqrt (P*Rs) ?

I wrote before P = (Vin^2) /4*Rs , that was considering the max power transfer to the RFFE, but i guess this isn't necessary?