Signal Generator

Lightening

Joined Oct 7, 2013
I am shopping for signal/frequency generators, I am looking to build a hydrogen cell as one project along with other projects. I want a range of .1 hz to mhz or even ghz. Does anyone have a recommendations, I have been looking on the global spec page and others, would like some advice on a good buy. money is not an issue.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
money is not an issue.
Then look at Tektronix, Agilent and Teledyne-LeCroy. Google the name and 'frequency generator' and be prepared to drool, assuming that by saying 'good buy' you mean first-class gear at the price it takes to do it. BK (Global Spec) makes good stuff for what it is (or used to, I've used lots of it over the years,) but when you need the best.. its the former. JMHO

Its fun to buy new stuff.

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Please be aware that running a hydrogen electrolysis cell at "the resonant freq of the water molecule" is total bunkum. The "free energy" sites are full of crap concepts like that.

There are some gains however running an electrolysis cell at lowish frequencies, 30-40kHz etc, as you may find a mechanical resonance of the metal plates which encourages bubbles to break free of the plates. (One of the big problems with trying to make efficient electrolysis is plate bubble fouling which reduces plate area).