short circuit

spankey666

Joined Nov 30, 2011
surely, in the original post, the explosion experienced by the "short" was a combination of copper instantaneously boiling and a certain amount of oxidization, so effectively the copper contacts are acting as a kind of fuel albeit very crude and inefficiant and the rapid rate of expansion and boiling of the copper broke the sound barrier creating the bang and the oxidization causes the visible flash . this couldn't possibly be used inside a piston engine as the solidified copper boiled off at the point of arcing would cause mechanical damage .

phoeny

Joined Sep 22, 2012
ok guys, now i do understand but i have a final request..
i am not really educated about those stuff .. can you give me names of good books that i can read to increase my knowledge in electrical energy and how it's transformed into mechanical energy and some about "electric arc" phenomena

thank you for your patience against my lack of knowledge lol but here in Jordan curriculum schemes are not any good enough and i'm trying to do the job by my own

you guys been really helpful
THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

spankey666

Joined Nov 30, 2011
you might want to google "carbon arc", by clever design i would imagine the heat generated could be used to expand gasses in a combustion chamber . an old 2 stroke engine would be a good starting point

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
An arc essentially is not a short circuit.
It has a certain burning voltage.

A short accross a piece of wire or a cable is not much different to a Ohms resistor.

So I wish OP the best to build a wheel in motion from 1000pcs. carbon film resistors. There must be a way!

phoeny

Joined Sep 22, 2012
well thank you everybody i will try carbon arc on google as iam starting physicsforfree.com

thanks everybody :D just wish me luck hehe

i feel awkward that i should been already learned those stuff .. but as i said education here is a bit messy but i'm keeping up faith as i'm starting this looooooooooong journey haha

thanks again

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
well thank you everybody i will try carbon arc on google as iam starting physicsforfree.com

thanks everybody :D just wish me luck hehe

i feel awkward that i should been already learned those stuff .. but as i said education here is a bit messy but i'm keeping up faith as i'm starting this looooooooooong journey haha

thanks again
Good luck, you can only benefit from learning physics...:)