Sexiest 8-bit microprocessor

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
For me it has to be the 6502 and it's siblings. Incredibly efficient, easy to program, and even easier to interface to. Still in popular use today in CMOS versions running up to 14Mhz and as VHDL cores.

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
It's just the third or fourth thread you've started in just a couple of days asking for the "sexiest" so-and-so :D
Just wondering what brought it all about :p

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Anyone who thinks that any microprocessor (regardless of the number of bits) is in any way "SEXY" should get a life and make a determined effort to get out more!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Anyone who thinks that any microprocessor (regardless of the number of bits) is in any way "SEXY" should get a life and make a determined effort to get out more!
You do realize what site you're on, right? Sexy is in the eyes of the beholder. I still love that old chip.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
I still think both my wife and Michell Pfieffer are SEXY! The other stuff is just sexy. Does this exonerate me?

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
The sexiest micro MUST be the 6809 by Motorola. Why?? Because of its sign-extend command:

SEX

Har! Har! Har!

Then for the funky folks, there's the 8051's OR and AND instructions. (Look 'em up. I don't want the moderators to get all upset... :D )

--Rich
P.S., other Moto micros may also have that command.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Meanwhile I am waiting for the sexiest dictator thread. I know we do not discuss politics in this forum. But I hope the mods will make an exception for this debate :p
Living on the edge, there t06afre? The only dictator in you life, <snip>! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: