Serious help needed: Due tomorrow

cage

Joined Mar 18, 2008
Hello guys this is due tomorw.

Im not good at all with electronics ...... Please help me and please no comments to discourage me.

I need some help with 2 questions.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1447466 <-- This link has a file hardly with 3 questions which includes diagrams. Sorry, I cant copy paste the question directly in here otherwise it will get messy. BUT please look at it and help me. PLEASE. Please I know they are not long or hard but for me its hard as I have not studied.

Yes, this is my homework and I do agree that I was not able to go to my classes. Therefore im struggling.

Please help !!!
Atleast with some questions if not all.

NOTE: This is basic stuff (I think) if you are even a slightly good with electronics then YES you can help. I'm really really crap with electronics I really want to change this subject but I cant untill the end of July so im stuck. Please guys help me out with the questions.

I really need the answers please help.
Thank You

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I didn't see any questions having anything to do with electronics. Just a great deal of advertising, what is up with that link? How do you expect help if you make it too difficult for anybody to even take a shot at it?

cage

Joined Mar 18, 2008
the link has the doc file with the question. It has a diagram in it.

I cant just copy paste the diagram here. It will get messey. Please look at the doc file.

Thank You

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You can use the "advanced" button to get to the area where you can attach documents.

As far as copy and pasted graphics in doc files ... I personally would copy and paste the graphic in paint .... then save as a png, gif, or jpg ... and then upload the graphic as a graphic and not embeded in a word file.

Mixed types [graphics and text] I would collate the material in word and then print it to a pdf file [there are plenty of free pdf distillers ... http://www.cutepdf.com is one] then upload the pdf file.

Some users won't open word files because of the potential for scripts.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
the link has the doc file with the question. It has a diagram in it.

I cant just copy paste the diagram here. It will get messey. Please look at the doc file.

Thank You
I'm sorry I just could not find the link to the .doc file through all the !@#$%^&*() advertising. I'm just not willing to work that hard to find your questions.

cage

Joined Mar 18, 2008
I have "tried" to do some on paper but no joke I couldnt do a single step. I have missed out on a lot and now need some serious help as this is due tomorw so please help. As you can see I desperately need help. :(

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
question 1
-----------

applying branch analysis equations....

I1+I2-I3=0

9V-3I1-4I3=0

-10I2+11-4I3=0

re arrange for det

I1 + I2 - I3 = 0

-3I1 + 0 - 4I3 = -9

0 -10I2 -4I3 = -11

solve using determinants

i1 = 1 amp
i2 = 500milli amp
i3 = 1.5 amp

vr1 = 3v
vr2 = 6v
vr3 = 5v

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Please help SOMEONE !!!
OK, I finally saw the problems.

KVL(Kirchoff's Voltage Law) The sum of the voltage drops and rises around a loop must be zero.

KCL(Kirchoff's Current Law) The sum of the currents into and out of a node must be zero.

It does not matter what sign convention you use for voltage drops and rises, or current into a node and out of a node as long as you are consistent.

Step 1. Write enough linear equations to allow you to solve for the unknown variables.

Step 2. Use Matlab, or your TI-89, or pencil and paper to solve the resulting system of linear equations.

It is just that simple. Now go take a crack at it.