serial communication

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
bed web site...
i hate this site...and **** this site....
no help i got yet...
shame on you
Well, what do expect if you ask something like:
i want to know serial communication.
somrthing like tutorials..
plz help me guys
Your questions are too vague. "Tell me about serial communication" is just not something anyone could respond to.

It works like this:

You read a tutorial or a datasheet or DIY-instruction, or you explain the project you want to do. And then you ask for help on a specific issue/problem.

The website is actually quite good, but people are here to help others and not to do all the thinking for you.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
If the two microcontrollers you want to connect have the same power supply you can connect the TX line of one of them with the RX line of the other and vice versa. (P3.0 and P3.1).

If they have different power supplies I recommend using a RS232 or RS485 interface.
For RS232 you use the MAX232 interface IC, for RS485 you can use a 75176 transceiver. You may also isolate the communication bus from your MCU circuit via optocouplers.

However , if have no experience in programming a microcontroller, then I recommend you look for a tutorial on how to do some smaller projects first.

mehtab102

Joined Jun 21, 2011
i want schmatics....
how i know that its serial communication....
how to connect..how i analyse that its running according to my code...??/
u should ask me that what u want..what you wana do...????

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You ask very brief questions that are rather vague, and you expect lengthy replies that take a lot of work to research and write, and then you either don't seem to understand the reply, or want more replies immediately.

This board is all volunteers. Nobody is paid to make replies, and nobody is obliged to reply to a topic. We all do this for enjoyment in our "spare time", and help people who usually seem generally appreciative of our efforts.

There are a LOT of people on the board that want answers to their questions, and not as many that can give answers. If you are not getting the amount of attention that you want, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.

mehtab102

Joined Jun 21, 2011
thnx so much..
here is some confussion about ic. no that which ic is connected...excpt max232
plz clear this schematics....

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
See the attached schematic; it is drawn for the uC's that you are using.

If you are not actually planning on using the RS-232 standard, you can simply cross-connect the TXD and RXD pins from one uC to the other. They must have a common ground. If you need for them to be electrically isolated, you can use optoisolators.

Attachments

mehtab102

Joined Jun 21, 2011
yes this is clear...
i understand about TXD and RXD...
now i want communication b/w 2 microcontrollers 89c51...
help me about this..with schematics...
thnx..