Sequential Circuits

Kimmi

Joined Apr 30, 2012
hey so im kinda new to this but i really need some help.
as a project we were given the task to design a circuit that recognises the occurrence of a bit sequence that codifies the ASCII representation of the first six characters of our student number in binary format. The outputs are fed to a register bank awaiting the next step in the authentication process.

So i have my state table ,state diagrams and the equations but the circuit itself doesn't give me the output that im supposed to be getting im not sure what i am doing wrong.

instead of ascii however i did use gray code where A-0 and Z-25.

The first letter of my student number is N which is 01011 in gray code.

State assignment:
S0 : 000
S1 : 001
S2 : 010
S3 : 011
S4 : 100
S5 : 101

where S5 would be like the 'ok' to check the rest of my student number

I attached the state table and equations

please help me:confused:

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Feedback and Suggestions Forum for providing feedback and suggestions about All About Circuits, including corrections to the e-book. This forum is not for getting help with technical questions.
This was neither feedback nor a suggestion, so I have moved it to a more appropriate forum.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What about any of this is in any kind of gray code?

If the assignment is to use the ASCII representation, why are you using anything other than the ASCII representation?

What is the "Output" of your circuit for?

You've only told us what S5 means. What do each of your states mean? I have a guess, and I might even be right, but engineering is not about guessing.

Let's consider S2, as an example. If I tell you that the system is in state S2, what that tell you? If the input is a 0 and you move on to S3, what do you know? If the input is a 1 and you stay in S2, what does that tell you? It better tell you EXACTLY the same thing that you said it told you whan asked the same question at the beginning of the example. Does it?