Sequencer circuit needed

felder

Joined Dec 22, 2011
I'm looking for a circuit that will light 3 small incandescent lamps (like Christmas tree lamps) in sequence. A variable rate of sequencing is very desirable. Upon a contact closure or opening, the sequence should stop but the last lamp lit should remain on. The circuit should then be able to be reset to start the process, again. I don't want to have to breadboard this up with discrete IC's; I'd like it to be some type of module that is manufactured or that can be easily made by me, if need be. Even some type of relay logic circuit would work. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Good point Bill- just need to add 3 transistor lamp drivers as lamps generally will draw 170 mA @ 2.5V. Switches for clock enable & one for reset.

Neil Groves

Joined Sep 14, 2011
sounds like Felder doesn't want to use discreet I.C's otherwise i would have went with the 555 and 4017, i played with these chips in this configuration for many hours as a teenager, just watching the light travel down the row of l.e.d's.............hey sometimes it's just the little things lol

Neil.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
A PICAXE starter board would do it, about $14 (to get the one with the darlington driver IC for higher current) and a $8 programming cable.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Goes back to his request for a module. You ask a bunch of DIY types for a premade solution and they can't help themselves, they are still going to point to kits and circuits. :D

Anyone notice the request for incandescent lights?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Goes back to his request for a module. You ask a bunch of DIY types for a premade solution and they can't help themselves, they are still going to point to kits and circuits. :D

Anyone notice the request for incandescent lights?
Yes, and that they want something that's basically already a finished product. I really don't have time to search through catalogs for them, to try to find something that no one would make anymore.

As long as they insist on their conflicting requirements, I have nothing for them.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
You could build this -but it is rather a large build this side of xmas and would take quite a lot of veroboard if 4017s,555s arent required.....It could easily be altered to flash bulbs if required...

Attachments