Sequence capturing !

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's about time I did something about this problem. see the attached pic.

I like to know how I can capture like that.

With a scope ? :D This I have..
Spectrum analyzer ? :eek: This I would do any thing to get my hands on :D.

A computer !? what software ?.

Any idea ? any one?

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I suppose a digital storage scope in single-shot mode can do this. Perhaps with use of some external trigger system

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
for the display on the left, select the bottom signal as Ch1 and trigger on channel 1.

Then you can display the other two on channel 2 of the oscillocope.

For the t0 to tx presentation on the right, you would need a storage scope as described ... selecting a single sweep and using the top trace as the trigger.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
But well joking aside. Those pictures look like screen dump as a image. From a digital storage scope. As I rember your scope was an anlog scope. Analog scope can not do single sweep or single-shot sweep.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I know tht.

Seriously guys..tel me.is there a way to hook up ur computer and do tht fancy stuff.

I got to learn this u know..too many TV's with the same fault.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
But well joking aside. Those pictures look like screen dump as a image. From a digital storage scope. As I rember your scope was an anlog scope. Analog scope can not do single sweep or single-shot sweep.
Most analog scopes can do single sweep but you need a (oscilloscope) camera with a time or bulb setting (shutter held open) to capture the image. Of course you must be in the dark or have a light shield tube between the camera and the oscilloscope screen. We commonly did that before digital scopes were invented.

Yes a 4-channel digital scope will do what the OP wants. For a copy of the results you will need to take a picture of the screen or buy one with a USB output to transfer the image to a computer/printer.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Most analog scopes can do single sweep but you need a (oscilloscope) camera with a time or bulb setting (shutter held open) to capture the image. Of course you must be in the dark or have a light shield tube between the camera and the oscilloscope screen.
Sounds complicated if you ask me and quite expensive also:rolleyes:. I guess this perhaps was created using external trigger to synch the camera and the scope. I also remember from school lab. That they had an analog scope. With some kind of "memory" in the screen. But you had to be quick to draw a picture of the screen. Because the picture was quite volatile. The scope trace was gradually eaten up from the corners. We hated that scope I remember

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Yes a 4-channel digital scope will do what the OP wants. For a copy of the results you will need to take a picture of the screen or buy one with a USB output to transfer the image to a computer/printer.
Just what I need .Any DIY thingy ?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Sounds complicated if you ask me and quite expensive also:rolleyes:. I guess this perhaps was created using external trigger to synch the camera and the scope. I also remember from school lab. That they had an analog scope. With some kind of "memory" in the screen. But you had to be quick to draw a picture of the screen. Because the picture was quite volatile. The scope trace was gradually eaten up from the corners. We hated that scope I remember
The Poloroid film was somewhat expensive but you don't have that cost with today's digital cameras, of course.

There was no sync. You opened the camera shutter, triggered the scope to do a one-shot, then closed the shutter. You sometimes had to do it a few times to get the exposure correct.

I've used a CRT storage scopes a few times myself. One example is the old Hughes Memo-Scope. Not near as satisfactory as a modern digital scope.